Author Topic: Games that Make the Console Look WEAK!  (Read 397 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Games that Make the Console Look WEAK!
« on: September 18, 2016, 21:49:37 PM »
Have you ever played a game that made you wonder what the programmers were thinking of because of how poorly made the game was?  These games make consoles look weaker than they are and the guys from GameSack have made a video with some examples of this.  Check it out...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Games that Make the Console Look WEAK!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 08:50:55 AM »
Actually that's a great discussion point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Aaendi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 06:40:31 AM »
They ruined the video when they said this:

"Bebe's Kids runs slow because of the SNES's slow processor speed"

For the upteenth time, processor speed has nothing to do with how fast the sprites move.  Plus, Mhz speed means nothing when it comes to comparing CPUs of vastly different architectures.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 18:10:48 PM by Aaendi »

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 10:53:31 AM »
I understand that, but this video is about the lack of presentation that would other wise put people of the consoles as a selling point, although thank god they are a small majority of the libraries for these machines, I believe they based there opinion on all aspects and not just the coding aspect, I've seen some super slick coding work and the game would be complete shite, so for games that looked bad or played bad was the premise here. I thought some of them were alright and not as bad as presented, but it's videos like this that save us from the mediocy of not playing these games if you've never played them, saves us all from claiming "That was a waste of 10-20 minutes of my life I'll never get back" lol

They should however cover home computer games even if needed to be done via emulation, as they had thousands some incredible and a huge amount of them complete pants, therefore giving a more even scope to games that were plain weak.

Offline Aaendi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 03:45:44 AM »
Do they really need to talk about the "slow CPU" in every single video?