Author Topic: Revival: Solstice 2016  (Read 755 times)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Revival: Solstice 2016
« on: May 21, 2016, 11:58:11 AM »
*** REVIVAL RETURNS FOR THE SUMMER! ***

The best dedicated retro gaming event returns, with 'REVIVAL Solstice 2016' on the weekend of 30-31 July at Banks's Stadium, Walsall!

After the successful comeback event 'Winter Warmer 2015', REVIVAL once again returns to large scale for the Summer with the aptly titled 'REVIVAL Solstice 2016'. This new event marks the start of a new show plan for future REVIVAL events organised by the RRE team, and brings back all the attractions of our previous Summer exhibitions. This year's event features already include:

- Over 100 playable retro consoles and computers
- Over 50 classic video arcade machines and pinball machines
- On-stage competitions and prizes
- A larger selection of traders offering various retro collectables
- The return of the guest talks panels and new gamer's theatre
- Reasonably priced, fully licensed bar and gamer's snack bar serving hot and cold food
- New large Summer venue for up to 1000 visitors per day, near M6 J9 and J10
- Choice of nearby hotels with direct rail and bus links to the venue

The event page is now up from our Facebook page and e-tickets are now on sale directly from our ticket merchant here: https://www.tickettailor.com/chenquiries@revivalretroevents.com.

Full event information will soon be posted on the website www.revivalretroevents.co.uk and key information will also be posted here! Let us know if you have any comments too, and if you'll be coming! Please like and share this post on your page and in any groups you can!

RVG is helping the event from an online perspective.. Working on the official website and helping to promote on social media.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
Re: Revival: Solstice 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 13:34:09 PM »
Thanks for the update zapiy

Enter the latest Jaguar competition here: http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7798.0

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 14:58:04 PM »
No worries chap, we have no presence at the event in an official capacity.. Sadly that would just require way to much time and commitment on my part and at this point of my life I can just about run the site lol.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 16:38:15 PM »
Quote from: "zapiy"
No worries chap, we have no presence at the event in an official capacity.. Sadly that would just require way to much time and commitment on my part and at this point of my life I can just about run the site lol.
Oh I get that. It was just nice to see the RVG logo and that made me curious. I am very sceptical about these events because there are too many people just trying to make money. Obviously, there are some people with a more evolved sense of community and so I am considering going.

Enter the latest Jaguar competition here: http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7798.0

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 10:31:27 AM »
The Revival events have an established fan base now and have been quite successful and was a great opportunity for RVG to have helped with their website and endorser, so if you do decide to go, you'll be representing RVG lol. And that you'll tell everyone you meet there to check us out, just be vigilant as one of our ex-members (TL) is one of their helpers and may not be so supportive. But yes revival is a fantastic event, one I'd love to go to myself at some stage, maybe latter this year or next year.

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 15:21:33 PM »
lol I always represent you guys and mention the website whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I already realised that you can't please everyone and some people have taken humbridge which, IMO is just sad. Retro gaming should be shared and experienced by all and not used solely for personal gain nor used as a platform to belittle the efforts of others. I am probably going as it is not too far away and I am curious. I will of course give my view on the event here at RVG.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 23:10:22 PM »
Here is a video that was posted for the event.  Unfortunately, the person who took the video has vertical video syndrome.  ;)  Looks like a cool event, though. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 09:45:33 AM »
lol I always represent you guys and mention the website whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I already realised that you can't please everyone and some people have taken humbridge which, IMO is just sad. Retro gaming should be shared and experienced by all and not used solely for personal gain nor used as a platform to belittle the efforts of others. I am probably going as it is not too far away and I am curious. I will of course give my view on the event here at RVG.

About the site?  Let us know how you got on. Will attend next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk