Author Topic: What is your Groundhog Day system?  (Read 430 times)

Offline MadCommodore

• View Profile
What is your Groundhog Day system?
« on: February 04, 2016, 04:27:09 AM »
So let's say you were stuck in a time loop and had to experience the timeline of ONE machine only over and over then what machine would it be?

For me I wish I could constantly relive my Commodore 64 years which for me were the most fun for pure gaming (as opposed to programming and arty type things I did on 520ST and Amiga 1000). And there is nothing like the wonder of those early days where colour graphics of any kind and more than simple beeps and farty noises were considered advanced features to detail on the box! haha

How about everyone else?

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What is your Groundhog Day system?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 04:40:42 AM »
That's a tough one! If we're talking retro I would probably go with the Genesis/MD. Tons of games plus a good variety of genres to keep from going crazy :21:

Going a little bit more modern, the PS1 would also be a great choice for the same reasons.

Offline MadCommodore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 04:46:16 AM »
PS1 is still retro in my book, as it went head to head with Saturn/3DO/Jaguar/N64.

I know what you mean about PS1, bloody thing cost me a first in my degree, if Ridge Racer on my Japanese PS1 wasn't so damned good I wouldn't have spent all those nights playing it instead of revising for my exams! haha

I personally chose the C64 because I could afford 2 full price games a month with my pocket money (didn't have a sweet tooth anyway as a kid haha) and I think that sort of level of constant fuelling of games catalogue is what made it so special. Hell I could afford two budget games a week, more if I skimped on school lunch and gave my pound coins to Mastertronic games at the sweetshop on the way home (even more spare coins if I walked home from school!) No wonder I was so healthy in my early teens :)

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 17:24:43 PM »
If I was going with the system that I have the fondest memories of I would probably choose the 3DO, but I assume you mean Groundhog Day the movie scenario where I would know I'm doing it all over and over again and I think the library is just too small and I would get bored with it.

There was a span of a good year or more when the 3DO was the only system I really played. It was about a year after the launch of the system and I was young with a job and no responsibilities and every payday I would buy a game or two for it. At the time the graphics blew me away and those are some of my favourite gaming memories :)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 20:48:40 PM »
Amiga for me all the way, I would give anything to go through all that again.. awesome getting it for xmas, opening the box, just wow the smell and the look.. Then the games were a huge leap from my Spectrum games, I thought I was in the future.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline EchoPark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 22:38:31 PM »
My has to be an Amiga. All of my fondest memories were on it, plus there's a few titles I still go back to play year after year.

It was a wide vary of sounds, clicking of the floppy drive when using X-Copy, the loading, the micro switches of the joysticks. I admit that when I do use a emulator to run some Amiga games, I leave those sounds on and a smile will come to my face. Happily relive all that again.
Gamer/Geocaching/Hockey!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 07:51:38 AM »
Same as mate, something special about gaming back then that is not quiet the same these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC