Author Topic: Video Game Carnival - 24th November  (Read 1198 times)

Offline TL

• View Profile
Video Game Carnival - 24th November
« on: October 23, 2012, 21:13:51 PM »
[align=center:390lyz2h]

After the resounding success of our visit to Play Expo in Manchester. Video Game Carnival is returning to the Garden Gate in Aldershot.

The Laser Pong will be returning, now with a flashy new control panel. We'll be running a competition on this in the evening, with it projected onto to side of the pub once again. Remember to bring some warm clothes with you.

The Fruitcade was debuted in Manchester and this will be it's first outing in Aldershot. Play video games with pieces of fruit, yes you did hear th...at right. Expect some sort of high score competition on this.

The Amazing Screen Spliterizer has so far proved to be less than amazing, having broken down on both occasions it's left the Video Game Carnival Labs (it always works just fine here!). So who knows if this will be there, but we shall try.

For months now 2 Giant Gameboys have been in construction but not quite finished. A final push will get these ready for November. We'll be running a head to head Tetris competition on these during the day.

Out in the patio/smoking area the LED Arcade will return with a selection of tabletop electronic games.

The Rootin, Tootin, Shootin Gallery will also be back (with a different selection of shooting games this time).

The backroom will have a couple of arcade machines (60in1 & MAME) and there will be a few computers and consoles dotted around.

As usual the Garden Gate will have a selection of food available at lunchtime and in the evening to keep your gaming energy levels at full strength.

[size=140]Official Website[/size]

[size=140]Facebook Page[/size][/align:390lyz2h]

Anonymous

Re: Video Game Carnival - 24th November
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 23:08:53 PM »
I reckon I might go, if I can be bothered on the day  ;)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 13:00:04 PM »
Lol, dont say that..

Hey cheers for the heads up.. Would love to attend, will see what i can do.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline dcultrapro

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Antonyv1982?feature=mhee
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 12:16:10 PM »
sadly I'm going to have to pull out of this one guys... I was really psyched and up for it but turns out I made a calendar fopar and it clashes with a 30th celebration I was invited to last month, I only noticed when checking my event calendar on Facebook today.

Sorry guys! I will hopefully be a yes for the next event

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 12:30:39 PM »
Quote from: "dcultrapro"
sadly I'm going to have to pull out of this one guys... I was really psyched and up for it but turns out I made a calendar fopar and it clashes with a 30th celebration I was invited to last month, I only noticed when checking my event calendar on Facebook today.

Sorry guys! I will hopefully be a yes for the next event

That's a shame as this will be the last event in the south for some time now that Retrovision is no more.

Offline dcultrapro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 12:35:56 PM »
yeah, I was actually meaning to ask you why is that? What happened with RV 2013? I was going to pledge my money to it and then it disappeared!

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 13:40:39 PM »
Quote from: "dcultrapro"
yeah, I was actually meaning to ask you why is that? What happened with RV 2013? I was going to pledge my money to it and then it disappeared!

Markie doesn't want to do it anymore and the Folly is being sold.

There was a big annoucement about it on FB

Offline dcultrapro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 19:07:59 PM »
aaah, bugger lol

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 17:52:17 PM »
A video of the event that a friend of mine made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGFKfc1icwE&feature=plcp

Warning! I am very very drunk in this video and I do get my facts a little wrong  :-[

The Jaguar actually has more than one 32-bit chip - the DSP and GPU are both 32-bit. The data bus is 64-bit, the object processor is 64-bit and the blitter is 64-bit too. Then there is a 16-bit Motorola 68000 used as a "slave" chip. It's definately 64-bit? though!