Author Topic: How to store NES cartridges?  (Read 467 times)

Offline Jixson

• View Profile
How to store NES cartridges?
« on: March 23, 2015, 01:48:15 AM »
I'm crazy about organization, so I'm definitely not just getting a box and dumping all the cartridges in. Once my collection grows to about 20 games, I'm going to put them in alphabetical order on a shelf. What do you recommend I do to them in order to keep them well maintained when I'm not playing them?

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Re: How to store NES cartridges?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 03:25:38 AM »
I keep mine organized in plastic bins. They are neatly organized in there with each system having its own set of bins (since the carts are different sizes and shapes).  Do you plan to display them as carts only or with their boxes?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline wyldephang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 14:11:02 PM »
Quote from: "Jixson"
I'm crazy about organization, so I'm definitely not just getting a box and dumping all the cartridges in. Once my collection grows to about 20 games, I'm going to put them in alphabetical order on a shelf. What do you recommend I do to them in order to keep them well maintained when I'm not playing them?

An NES cartridge is about the same size as a Nintendo DS game box flipped over on its spine. Here's a picture for reference:

You can store NES games on shelves or in plastic bins, as Trek said. My collection is displayed on a swivel media shelf, which also stores CD- and DVD-based games.
- Ryan

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 22:51:49 PM »
Plastic storage boxes for me but i have a small collection anyway.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC