Author Topic: Where are good places to buy old systems?  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Jixson

• View Profile
Re: Where are good places to buy old systems?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 23:47:45 PM »
I've decided to dedicate a collection to the NES, instead of the Saturn.

I ordered one of those Retron NES clones for $15 just to see if this kind of stuff is as fun to play on a tv as everyone says. After my game collection starts to grow, I'll buy an actual NES.

Offline wyldephang

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 05:59:09 AM »
That's probably a good idea, Jixson. If you're a first-time collector, the Sega Saturn can be a very intimidating system to collect for. People throw around a lot of money for select titles. The NES has a few of those games, too, but the catalog is so vast that you can easily amass a great collection without breaking the bank. Keep in mind that some NES clones are incompatible with certain games. Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, for instance, is one of those games that tends not to work on clone systems. You'll have access to the majority of the NES library, though, so happy collecting! Let us know if you're in need of some suggestions.
- Ryan

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 13:58:03 PM »
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea to me too. No point in spending a bunch of money if you're just getting into it. NES games should be easy enough to find locally and they should be pretty cheap too. Have fun :)