Author Topic: Most Wanted Sequel?  (Read 4545 times)

Offline nakamura

• View Profile
Re: Most Wanted Sequel?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 22:23:32 PM »
Quote from: "Console Compulsive"
I'd love for Konami to change it's mind and do Suikoden 6. They apparently stopped the Suikoden franchise because of poor sales but they were such interesting and fun RPGs.

The main problem with the sales was that although Suikoden 1 & 2 were great worldwide sellers, Suikoden 3 wasn't very good and only available in the US & Japan and Suikoden 4 was an improvement but not great by a long shot.

By the time they got back to something close to the original format in Suikoden 5, which was pretty damned good, people seemed to have already lost faith in the series and stopped buying.

If Konami were to get it's head out of the sand and do another game in a similar vein to Suikoden 1, 2 & 5 i'm pretty sure it would be a sure fire seller. The suikoden games were without a doubt far better than the majority of today's RPGs in terms of gameplay, style and storyline.

Suikoden 3 was actually really good, it just had some iffy music and visuals. Once you get past that, there was a good, deep game in there.

Suikoden 4 is considered the weak link and rightly so. While improved visually, the plot never seems to go anywhere.

Wouldn't mind a 6th. Would make a perfect 3DS game imo.

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 04:25:55 AM »
I would love a new Suikoden too. I never tried the 5th one so I guess I should track it down some day. Enjoyed all the other ones though, even 3 and 4.

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 20:49:16 PM »
Another game I really wish had got a sequel is I-War on the Jaguar.

I would have loved to have seen a second game with more textures and a better frame rate. I love everything about this game from the Tron theme to the excellent music, it's definately one of the most under rated games on the Jaguar.

Offline 108 Stars

• View Profile
    • http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 22:35:45 PM »
First of all I love you guys who mentioned Suikoden. Such an awesome series. 2 is my fav RPG ever; but the others were good too. 3 was also very good, just some strange design choices like having to visit the same places again and again with different characters, and monsters would be different depending on the character level. Still a strong game. I'd murder to see the story concluded, but it doesn't look like it will happen.

The PSP Suikoden seems somewhat promising; another world again like tierkreis, but it looks and feels more like Suikoden again.

Sadly even if a new Suikoden is made it is unlikely to reach western shores. I have a friend at Konami Europe, and the master plan is to only release about 3 or 4 physical games each year; everything Metal Gear, Castlevania and PES is safe, the rest will most likely be download only (if even that). Suikoden PSP was not even made available as download on these shores, so... :(

Another game I'd love to see a sequel of is Landstalker. My favourite Zelda-like Action-Adventure (moreso than Zelda itself).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOUP1Y_h2AQ

About Primal Rage 2:
Uhm, could it be that Atari Games forgot the minor special aspect of PR that is that you play freakin' DINOSAURS? Seriously, with human characters it's no big loss imo.
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

Offline Alberto 2K

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 13:59:52 PM »
I never played any Suikoden but Landstalker is a great game indeed, I have fond memories of it.

+1 for I-War 2! :)

Personally I would love to see a secuel of Heart of Darkness and a decent remake of Star Raiders with modern technologies not the crappy SR released last year.
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 23:55:36 PM »
I think Sega should resurect more of their old super scaler games like they did with Afterburner and Outrun.

I mean who wouldn't want to play new versions of Galaxy Force, Super Hang-On, Space Harrier, Power Drift and Enduro Racer?  8)

Offline 108 Stars

• View Profile
    • http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 02:03:50 AM »
Sigh... just leaked yesterday, but cancelled...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... tOIdgP7U44
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 02:22:54 AM »
Yeah thats been posted in modern gaming, looks pretty good.

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 15:59:59 PM »
I would love to see a 3rd Xenon game with a kick arse soundtrack.

And speaking of shooters I really wish Zarlor Mercenary on the Lynx had got a sequel too.  :'(

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 23:16:34 PM »
This needed a sequel, badly!  I don't know why there was never a Crystal Castles II!  There was so much potential for Bentley!

[align=center:9inmz5ws]Crystal Castles (1983 Atari) [Re-Uploaded][/align:9inmz5ws]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 08:26:24 AM »
I know this is a cliched answer, but I'm saying it anyway... Shenmue 3, please!

Offline davyk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 21:23:48 PM »
If Treasure could do for Parodius what they did for Gradius. Please make it happen.

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 21:48:35 PM »
Another vote for Shenmue III!
Super-Cars 3
Hunter 2
Sequel to Gizmondo Trailblazer
Golden Axe 2D sequel
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2017

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 20:31:52 PM »
Being a big fan of into the screen space shooters I would love to see a 3rd Galaxy Force game, as well as sequels to Soul Star, Star Blade and another Silpheed game too.

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 20:58:54 PM »
Quote from: "The Laird"
Being a big fan of into the screen space shooters I would love to see a 3rd Galaxy Force game, as well as sequels to Soul Star, Star Blade and another Silpheed game too.

There actually is a sequel to Silpheed on the PS2, haven't played it though so I have no idea if it's any good or not. Looks pretty good in this video.

Silpheed: The Lost Planet (PS2) Stage 1