Author Topic: Most Wanted Sequel?  (Read 4544 times)

Offline TL

• View Profile
Most Wanted Sequel?
« on: April 14, 2012, 18:42:07 PM »
[/align:hco1v6fo]

Offline jdanddiet

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wizwords.net/
Re: Most Wanted Sequel?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 20:44:21 PM »
indeed - that would have been brilliant!  Guess it was the whole 3d FIghting force thing.  SOme games are better in 2d tho.

Offline Vyothric

• View Profile
    • http://www.diffusedion.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 00:21:21 AM »
I would have loved a 2D sequel to Simon The Sorcerer 2. Simon the Sorcerer 3D is one of the worst games I've ever played.

Offline Console Compulsive

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 13:07:16 PM »
I'd love for Konami to change it's mind and do Suikoden 6. They apparently stopped the Suikoden franchise because of poor sales but they were such interesting and fun RPGs.

The main problem with the sales was that although Suikoden 1 & 2 were great worldwide sellers, Suikoden 3 wasn't very good and only available in the US & Japan and Suikoden 4 was an improvement but not great by a long shot.

By the time they got back to something close to the original format in Suikoden 5, which was pretty damned good, people seemed to have already lost faith in the series and stopped buying.

If Konami were to get it's head out of the sand and do another game in a similar vein to Suikoden 1, 2 & 5 i'm pretty sure it would be a sure fire seller. The suikoden games were without a doubt far better than the majority of today's RPGs in terms of gameplay, style and storyline.

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 13:27:10 PM »
Never even heard of that game  :-

Offline sunteam_paul

• View Profile
    • http://www.sunteam.co.uk/
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 16:28:15 PM »
Burning Rangers dammit! The Saturn could barely handle the concept but it was a brilliant idea and would work really well on the Wii.

Offline Console Compulsive

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 00:29:33 AM »
Suikoden was the first RPG available for the PS1 in the UK. Suikoden 2 was also PS1 and the remaining sequels were all on PS2. Not as retro as most games but due to being on the PS1 & PS2 but i would still count it as such.

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 00:36:51 AM »
Quote from: "Console Compulsive"
Suikoden was the first RPG available for the PS1 in the UK. Suikoden 2 was also PS1 and the remaining sequels were all on PS2. Not as retro as most games but due to being on the PS1 & PS2 but i would still count it as such.

Ah right! Thanks!

(PS2 isn't retro though  ;) )

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 19:35:48 PM »
Quote from: "sunteam_paul"
Burning Rangers dammit! The Saturn could barely handle the concept but it was a brilliant idea and would work really well on the Wii.

Another one from the Saturn would be Guardian Heroes, one of my favourite games ever - such a shame they never released a sequel on the Saturn or Dreamcast.

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 20:06:04 PM »
Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "sunteam_paul"

Another one from the Saturn would be Guardian Heroes, one of my favourite games ever - such a shame they never released a sequel on the Saturn or Dreamcast.

Just commented on that game in another thread. A sequel would be very cool!

Offline Bobinator

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 23:41:57 PM »
I'd really love a sequel to Ristar. It's a game that desperately needs one, especially with how many good 2D platformers there have been recently. I'm not entirely sure if I'd have Sega develop it themselves, though.

Also, I want a sequel to Primal Rage. I'd have the guys behind the new Mortal Kombat do it, since they've done such a great job with it. It was an interesting game for the time, with some awesome characters. It didn't play all that badly, either, barring the really annoying way you pulled off special moves. You basically had to break your fingers.

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 00:22:18 AM »
Primal Rage sounds like a winner. I mean Primal Rage II.

Offline dcultrapro

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Antonyv1982?feature=mhee
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 16:35:21 PM »
I know its not all that retro but I have always dreamed of a sequel to Panzer Dragoon Saga PROPER and obviously Shenmue 3. I know Panzer Dragoon Orta follows on from it but its not a proper sequel, I'd love to see another RPG styled game come out. And Shenmue 3 is a must have, even if they just do it on old Naomi equivalent hardware to keep the cost down no one would mind/care!!

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 17:30:37 PM »
Quote from: "Bobinator"
Also, I want a sequel to Primal Rage. I'd have the guys behind the new Mortal Kombat do it, since they've done such a great job with it. It was an interesting game for the time, with some awesome characters. It didn't play all that badly, either, barring the really annoying way you pulled off special moves. You basically had to break your fingers.

Atari did make a Primal Rage sequel but never released it. There are arcade boards of it out there but it isn't on MAME because it apparentlt contained proprietary hardware that cannot be emulated yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TKA9CKQpUk

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 19:14:29 PM »
Primal Rage II/KI. Looks like a Killer Instinct crossover.