Author Topic: CLASSIC CONSOLE MAGAZINE  (Read 7930 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
CLASSIC CONSOLE MAGAZINE
« on: October 24, 2014, 03:24:21 AM »
[align=center:32d89zap][/align:32d89zap]

I learned of a new retro magazine that will be released, called Classic Console MagazineDo you remember magazines such as GamePro and Nintendo Power? How about the Official Dreamcast Magazine or Electronic Gaming Monthly?

Well don't worry, we are here to help you!
Classic Console Magazine is written with the retro video game community in mind. There are a few classic and retro video game magazines out there, and a couple of them are fantastic publications! (We particularly like RETRO, check them out!)

However, not everyone can afford to subscribe to a magazine, and many of these are bi-monthly. The old model of pay subscriptions for print publications, whether it is a magazine or a newspaper is dying. Every month publication after publication closes up shop. Classic Console Magazine strives to be different!

Classic Console Magazine is a monthly publication, and will always be FREE to our Subscribers.

How can we offer our content for free you ask? By providing the magazine through an all-digital format.

The magazine will be available embedded on this site for view, as well as downloadable as a PDF. Read it on your iPad, Kindle or Nook.

[align=center:32d89zap][size=180]CLASSIC CONSOLE MAGAZINE[/size][/align:32d89zap]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CLASSIC CONSOLE MAGAZINE
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 07:51:29 AM »
Great stuff, look forward to hearing more about this.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 09:51:09 AM »
Subscribed, always here to support new fanzines, looks good so far. :113:

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 13:08:14 PM »
Yep, also subscribed.  Eager to see the first issue.  :)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 13:32:08 PM »
Yep subscribed now. :113:
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 20:41:27 PM »
Issue one is out now and wow.. I am stunned by the quality... :113:

Offline classicconsolemag

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 20:46:12 PM »
Hey guys! Thanks for the kind words. We are excited for the first issue, but also know that we have alot of work to do in building this thing up.

We have a dedicated group of writers and that number is growing, as we look to expand the number of pages in the magazine in future issues. We are always looking for more content, so if anyone is so inclined to write something, we would be happy to have you! I know that one thing we are sorely lacking right now is perspective from across the pond, as most of our writers including myself live in the United States.

I hope you guys enjoy, you should have your first issue in your inbox right now.

I plan on lurking around the site here and being active the best that I can, I am quite busy between the magazine, an IT business and working a day job!  :115:

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 20:51:12 PM »
Much appreciated fella, and i am gobsmacked at how good the issue looks, considering its issue 1 and all that comes with doing something thats FREE.. Bravo from me. :113:

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Re: Review of the Week - Splatterhouse 2
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 22:04:54 PM »
Speaking as a graphic designer, the first issue is fantastically presented and all aspects and very polished too boot, and delighted to have signed up, I'm sure you guys will find snippets of information that may help in future issues. So I want to personally wish you guys the best of luck Classic Console Magazine :113:

Have a good one.

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 22:08:15 PM »
Got the first issue and will be reading it this weekend. Thanks :)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 23:02:58 PM »
I just downloaded issue 1 and glanced through.  It looks amazing!  Can't wait to take the time to read through it.  From glancing through, I can tell Iike the content within.  :)

Offline JoeMusashi

• Asterisk...?
  • Global Moderator
  • Be happy, drink beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 23:12:29 PM »
Just had a flick through myself also.
The layout is actually really neat and I love the old game ads, I'd like to see more of those.

Nice one!

Offline classicconsolemag

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 04:00:45 AM »
Thanks guys! It really means a lot to myself and the whole team. We will keep working hard to make the magazine better each and every month.

We have been blown away with the reception and the response. Just a cool side note, I was looking at the list today and we already have subscribers from USA, UK, Canada, Turkey, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Poland and Belgium. This is beyond our wildest dreams and makes us very excited and will continue to drive us to become better!

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 20:05:11 PM »
That is awesome!  You now have an international fanbase for your magazine!  :)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 20:21:34 PM »
Great to hear fella. Like you say, knowing something like that must spur your on no end.