Author Topic: CLASSIC CONSOLE MAGAZINE  (Read 7944 times)

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Re: CLASSIC CONSOLE MAGAZINE
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2015, 12:47:30 PM »
Wasn't this due today?! Seems it might of been delayed, hope its out soon, looking forward to it :)

Offline classicconsolemag

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2015, 05:40:58 AM »
Hey everyone, you should have the new issue in your inbox by now. We went through a series of delays which ultimately resulted in it being delayed until January. Basically, we outgrew the service we were using for hosting the magazine already and were faced with the prospect of possibly shutting down the whole thing.

I figured out a way to host it using a different service and now all seems to be well (I hope)

There should no longer be any delays going forward and the magazine should now be expected to be out at the beginning of each month.

Also one little note, the Street Fighter II article will actually print in February's issue, I apologize for making those looking forward to that wait another month.

I know we still have room for improvement and we will keep getting better. I had too many issues that I couldn't sort out with the template we were using, it just wasn't giving me the look and feel I was striving for. We went a little simple with this issue and it will get more elaborate as time goes on, but basically we made our own templates for things from scratch, which was also a time intensive process, so we kept it real simple this month.

Greyfox, I apologize that I didn't get it to you sooner to get some feedback from you. With all the delays this really came down to the wire. I would love for you to send me off a PM and we can chat about the layout and stuff.

Thanks guys hope everyone enjoys reading it! We had a couple new contributors this month and already have one more writer lined up for next month, the team is getting bigger and bigger!

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2015, 10:47:02 AM »
I will of course send over a PM when I've had a proper look at this months issue, so far it's looking good :)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2015, 11:41:37 AM »
I have the email with the latest issue in my inbox.  Looking forward to reading it!  ;) 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2015, 14:57:50 PM »
Just got it this morning :113:

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2015, 02:38:50 AM »
Haha date is fixed on future copies of the magazine now. Corrected it and uploaded new version to server this morning. We had 4 different people proofread the issue, I can't believe not a single person caught the year was wrong.. oh well.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2015, 03:41:03 AM »
Quote from: "classicconsolemag"
Haha date is fixed on future copies of the magazine now. Corrected it and uploaded new version to server this morning. We had 4 different people proofread the issue, I can't believe not a single person caught the year was wrong.. oh well.
Hey, it's a very common error when the year changes.  Not a biggie.  I have had to correct myself several times already!  :)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2015, 20:31:04 PM »
I noticed the Ross Sillifant interview. How did that come about fella lol?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2015, 22:52:38 PM »
Some fine gent here recommended for him to speak to me. I believe it was Greyfox. I am happy to say that Ross' interviews will be featured in many issues to come!

Check out the new logo!

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2015, 23:17:25 PM »
Nice logo!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2015, 07:47:01 AM »
I knew it had to be lol. Nice one logo too fella.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2015, 07:50:23 AM »
Quote from: "zapiy"
I noticed the Ross Sillifant interview. How did that come about fella?

That was me Zap, with Ross's interviews going down a storm in the community, I suggested that if possible, would be great in a digital publication and got in contact with Josh and would make for great content in their magazine. So very happy to see it in there, the interviews have been great.

So its great to read our exclusive interviews here on RvG and somebody else's in a digital mag.

[member=5343]classicconsolemag[/member] love the logo guys, very suiting to the magazine. Top work  :113:

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
CLASSIC CONSOLE MAGAZINE
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2015, 15:43:31 PM »
Agent @greyfox lol. It was a great interview.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2015, 18:42:58 PM »
How is the mag coming along?

Still going?

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2015, 20:07:22 PM »
Indeed the magazine is still going. We hit a rough patch as many independent fan based publications I have discovered do. Personally I was dealing with some health concerns and the beginnings of a new career move which unfortunately took the vast majority of my time.

But, we are proceeding onward and upward. We are literally days away from the next issue being released and as I promised to our friends on social media we will be doing an issue every month from here on out, no delays, no postponements.

Part of what I have realized is that in order to make this happen, I need to outsource some of the work, which I have begun to do. Thanks everybody for hanging in there with us, and I guarantee the best is yet to come!