Author Topic: Commodore Amiga - A Visual Commpendium Book Now On Kickstart  (Read 2639 times)

Offline JoeMusashi

• Asterisk...?
  • Global Moderator
  • Be happy, drink beer!
    • View Profile
Re: Commodore Amiga - A Visual Commpendium Book Now On Kicks
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 21:32:14 PM »

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 20:24:14 PM »
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2017

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 21:11:22 PM »
Unreal. Goes to show what can be achieved.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 23:01:23 PM »
Yep, that is some undertaking, the poor guy is probably saying to himself, what the fuck have I gotten myself into this time, logistically lol. Some feat to achieve this level, this is a serious one stop book for Amiga Fans, I can't see this being top by another Amiga book in the fore seeable future.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 15:09:07 PM »
Have to agree this has set a marker down that's for sure.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 08:47:13 AM »
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2017

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 10:01:25 AM »
Those prices are purely based on wanting rather than costs, our American cousins love swag like that, I'm a bit of whore for it myself, it is a little OTT on the pricing, but producing a commercial product sometime demands these commercial prices for extra, I've seen some that I'm fully aware of the production cost, going for like 10 times at the check out, if he gets its, FairPlay to him, as Delboy says, "Who Dares Wins, this time next year we'll be millionaires" :)

With what I'm doing, I can tell you 9"x6" will simply not be good enough book size, which I think this should of been a larger book, even one up from the c64 one, but I think because its a 16-bit sequel has to follow the same book size to compliment the previous one. I think something like this with its main premise been based on the visual , its too small to truly appreciate the pixel work, in my opinion, but people are very happy with it all. I just hope Sam's poor other half doesn't freak out when she has to navigate around boxes from the floor to the ceiling for weeks on end until they've been sent to backers, a massive undertaking, I'd say now could be a 9-5 job for a week just for that alone, but I'm sure he'll take a huge holiday afterwards lol.

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 11:14:13 AM »
Of course well done and fair play to him, i just feel guilty on profit margins, perhaps thats why im not rich! But itdoes open your eyes a little!
Yeah the amount of logistics he has to do is insane!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 13:03:32 PM »
I thought that price was steep as well but as before, some people love that stuff, so they will pay it..

I guess Sam has to make some money on this, as before, it will a nightmare sorting it all out much like a fulltime job.

Offline JoeMusashi

• Asterisk...?
  • Global Moderator
  • Be happy, drink beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2014, 15:36:19 PM »

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Amiga booky doos
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2014, 22:20:21 PM »
Yes, you are correct fella, but I think it may still be flat piece and that's possible a paint job on it?, but its an amazing achievement none the and has for the first time IMO the stretch perks than any other kickstarter out there.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 23:22:50 PM »

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2015, 17:09:55 PM »
http://youtu.be/4YTdYo5S144

Check this video out.

Offline EchoPark

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 01:07:39 AM »
Any backers here get there copy? Whats the opinion on it?

I got mine but it lacked the reward I went for :)

The book for me is fantastic. I actually had a wee tear running down my cheek reading through it and seeing all the games i use to play. I still play the Amiga but some games I just forgot about over the years or haven't got to with such little time I can spend on the Amiga. I always said the Amiga were some of the happier times playing games and I still think that.
Gamer/Geocaching/Hockey!

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello There
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 02:01:27 AM »
Yes I got it with the pen, book marker, the music cd, the "another World" poster and I love Amiga stick and a set of the demo scene post cards, and I'm hoping to be either myself or zapiy will be doing a review of the book for RVG real soon. But who ever does it, it will be a fancy looking affair :)