Author Topic: Lemmings - The Ports Book Out Now  (Read 8828 times)

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
Re: Lemmings - The Ports Book Out Now
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2015, 13:20:54 PM »
Ditto! Cheers guys!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2017

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2015, 13:31:02 PM »
I think zap said it all and said it well.  Don't let yourself get discouraged. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline EchoPark

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2015, 18:41:58 PM »
Yea don't let a review get you down :(

Going by all the facts you told me, I'm more educated in certain points folk have mentioned. I'm clueless about the book making progress and still shocked how much money is needed to do such a process.

The book is a labour of love and its gonna sting a little when someone attacks that but keep your head up because as I always say the folk who complain will always be heard over the folk who are happy.
Gamer/Geocaching/Hockey!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2015, 21:33:50 PM »
Sales still going well fella?
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2015, 21:41:46 PM »
Quote from: "zapiy"
Sales still going well fella?
Only a handful a month now, August was very slow as expected. But not really expecting anything so its a nice bonus when i get sales emails.
Not upto much really, not working on any books or websites atm, thinking of selling my Lemmings collection but will consider a while yet in case i change my mind!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2017

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Re: Hello There
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2015, 23:38:54 PM »
Sorry to hear your considering selling what might be a rare collection of lemming related stuff, I think some times that things need a time out and a refresh, it was always going to be good run , bad run, no matter what is put out there, I think the lemmings book is a great bit of kit and unique to the content you created for it.

People just sometimes need a kick in the arse, just because it's not in the local book store or public domain doesn't make it redundant, maybe it needs a re-push as I'm sure there are lots of people who still are unaware of this. But I think a lot of it has to do with those print on demand services are damaging the sales on it perhaps?

Anyways, hope that you reconsider and look to a bright future with your stuff :113:

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
Re: Hello There
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2015, 08:42:09 AM »
Quote from: "Greyfox"
Sorry to hear your considering selling what might be a rare collection of lemming related stuff, I think some times that things need a time out and a refresh, it was always going to be good run , bad run, no matter what is put out there, I think the lemmings book is a great bit of kit and unique to the content you created for it.

People just sometimes need a kick in the arse, just because it's not in the local book store or public domain doesn't make it redundant, maybe it needs a re-push as I'm sure there are lots of people who still are unaware of this. But I think a lot of it has to do with those print on demand services are damaging the sales on it perhaps?

Anyways, hope that you reconsider and look to a bright future with your stuff :113:
Some of it is pretty rare for sure, but like anything i collect a time comes when its time to sell.
Yeah of course i knew sales were going to tail off, im not selling my stuff because of lack of sales, its just ive have no longer a reason to collect them, i guess making the blog and book spurred me on to continue now that project is complete its no longer enticing to finish it off, plus our bedroom needs decorating and clearing and i hate dusting so each room is becoming more minimal as i get older! More canvas art and less shelving!

I totally agree that the booked bombed by not having a kickstarter, well tbh i dont think it would have hit its target, looking at hits on my shop page, the Amiga book has hits 4 times more, it was a niche subject, i think i made the right decision there, and again in not buying in bulk myself as like the greeting cards i would have been out of pocket, so i took the only safe route, beit the lowest selling route, but honestly im fine with it, it seems like a couple of years ago now, im moving on to pastures new!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2015, 06:33:24 AM »
Maybe mate, but credit to you.. the book is fantastic and i am sure given time it will sell a few more hundred.. You will never get rich perhaps but what an achievement. :113:
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2015, 08:47:50 AM »
Cheers Pal, of course I'm proud of the book, sure it doesn't have the professional finish of other retro books but it was always about the content, I think i did the best i could with the tools i had.

Not sure about selling a few more hundred, i haven't reached a hundred yet lol

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2015, 11:32:43 AM »
Give it time.

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2015, 12:11:43 PM »
I agree with Zap, you have indeed created something special here, you've chosen a subject matter on a series of games you loved and portrayed this in the book IMO. Not always does high end production values need to be  required to get the information across. The Lemmings book is what it is and has been well written and produced to your skill set which I believe is above average :21:

:36:

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2016, 11:15:20 AM »
I have posted this news elsewhere, but if you still want a physical copy of this book, then you only have until the 31/12/16 to do so as i'm retiring the book, you will still be able to get the PDF version after this time, but this a rollcall for those who thought about it and still waited.

You can only pick it up on Amazon Createspace here - https://www.createspace.com/5111531

A heads up for you guys only, i will be offering the book from around the 24/12/16 for the last week without any commission for me at its lowest ever price (currently $37.95, will be about $30 without commission) so please pick it up then if you want it at its very cheapest!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2016, 08:22:46 AM »
Sad news pal but understandable.. I'll tweet this news out also.

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2016, 14:32:18 PM »
Cheers bud, yeah time to sweep this under the rug as it were!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2016, 20:02:28 PM »
Must be another book on the cards?