Author Topic: Coin ops for xbox + Roms  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Carlos

• View Profile
    • http://retrotext.blogspot.com
Coin ops for xbox + Roms
« on: August 09, 2014, 19:14:43 PM »
Is it any good? I use mame and was wondering if there were any advantage to changing to it. I believe it needs the softmod that I already use for Mameox.

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Re: Coin ops for xbox
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 00:37:02 AM »
Yes, coin-op is incredible and allows different pal, of lots of different platforms, I have it on an Xbox here with over 3,000 games from the Amiga , ST, c64, snes,Megadrive as well as the mamexox, it has a brilliant front end with video gameplay while you browse, but by Jesus does it take up room, I suggest that IDE to sata port over cable and get a 450gb HD as the full suite is 350gb lol..containing over 20,000 games :104:

So best of luck browsing than, but Coin-op is savage and well worth the effort, closest thing to Hyperspin on the PC.

Offline Carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 11:12:36 AM »
Quote from: "Greyfox"
Yes, coin-op is incredible and allows different pal, of lots of different platforms, I have it on an Xbox here with over 3,000 games from the Amiga , ST, c64, snes,Megadrive as well as the mamexox, it has a brilliant front end with video gameplay while you browse, but by Jesus does it take up room, I suggest that IDE to sata port over cable and get a 450gb HD as the full suite is 350gb lol..containing over 20,000 games :104:

So best of luck browsing than, but Coin-op is savage and well worth the effort, closest thing to Hyperspin on the PC.

wow, it sounds good, but then I think, 'hey Carl did you just want to play MrDo! ?' then I say 'yes I did!' so I think I will stick to mameox.

I would like to know more about this IDE cable and the hard drives though, are they retro fits?

Offline dot.fyre

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 20:48:48 PM »
Same here.
Coinops looks great but it's not necessary.
Not the "full" install anyway.
I think mine is 3 reignite and I also have final burn Alpha (as well as mamedox).

Here's a video of mine demonstrating Final Burn Alpha, PS1 and PC Engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2p4DdUJpO9I

Offline bogstandard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 19:21:31 PM »
Whilst the interface is good I found it impossible to create packs of ROMs.  I wanted to contribute some of my free Atari 2600 homebrew but completely failed to divine how to.  Maybe in the future some brave soul will make a simple database program for ROM pack creation.

Also, I've seen the Coinops people get bothered by those who sell Coinops with machines or install as a service.  You probably need to contribute to avoid any consternation on their part.

Offline dot.fyre

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 22:10:44 PM »
I think newer coinops require exact rom versions as well as exact quantities of roms for it to run.
You can't just stick roms in a folder and expect it to work.

A bit off topic but where's the best place to get free 2600 homebrew roms?
All this xbox talk has given me the idea to update mine. I haven't really tried any for the past 3 or 4 years.

Offline bogstandard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 22:53:03 PM »
I have some ROMs for ya.  I got special permission from the developer ~_^

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 02:51:27 AM »
Quote from: "theloon"

Nice set of ROMs! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 07:51:54 AM »
Nice one fella..

Have to say Sensational Santuci Sisters is fantastic WIP, that Space Harrier effect is cracking also but most of all i love Game Panic LCD Homebrew game.. Brilliant work, was that released as a purchase game?
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 08:33:24 AM »
Quote from: "theloon"

top man!  :41:

Offline dot.fyre

• View Profile
Re: Coin ops for xbox + Roms
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 11:04:18 AM »
Thanks. I'll load these onto my xbox tonight and give them a go.

Offline bogstandard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 17:17:40 PM »
Quote from: "zapiy"
Nice one fella..

Have to say Sensational Santuci Sisters is fantastic WIP, that Space Harrier effect is cracking also but most of all i love Game Panic LCD Homebrew game.. Brilliant work, was that released as a purchase game?

Thanks for the praise, guys!  Game Panic LCD is the free homebrew version.  There's a deluxe version that'll be sold on cart.  Also, a one of a kind chromadepth 3D version for auction for a children's charity.

Sensational Santuci Sisters was going to be a Great Giana Sisters port.  Unfortunately I can't get in contact with anyone at Black Forest Games.  Even their forum is locked out as admins aren't around to approve accounts.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Coin ops for xbox + Roms
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 22:52:13 PM »
How do you sell your games fella?
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC