Author Topic: Review of the Week - Plok - SNES  (Read 981 times)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Review of the Week - Plok - SNES
« on: August 04, 2014, 20:32:57 PM »
[align=center:2y1bjs73]PLOK - SNES

Reviewed by Davyk

[/align:2y1bjs73][align=center:2y1bjs73]

This is a new feature here at RVG, we want to know if you have played this game, you thoughts, would you recommend it?

http://youtu.be/DJhqBKTOF5E

Review found here[/align:2y1bjs73]
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Re: Review of the Week - Plok - SNES
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 02:43:33 AM »
I don't have an SNES, so I can't comment about the gameplay from experience.  The game does look fun and it certainly has very unique characters.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 03:09:51 AM »
I've never played the game but it does look like fun. Nice review  :)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 09:52:53 AM »
I am like you guys, never played this but I aim to pick up the Review of the Week games that I don't own.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 19:00:31 PM »
Yes, I had this back in the day..created by the Pickford Brothers (Ste Pickford's Interview here), for Software Creations accompanied by the incredible sound track written by Geoff & Tim Follin, Plok is a strange little character involves him using his unattached limbs and feet as weapons , so four shots maximum from Plok and the aim of the game is to traverse the lands for missing flag from his house..it was a wee bit tough in the later stages but it was very well programmed and the graphics are beautiful in places, I would recommend this game highly if you love tough plat-formers with great bonus stages..excellent stuff..but never finished mind..as it's a plok in the arse!!

but again the Music is to die for, the title tune and Beach tune are my favorite! :113:

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 03:16:28 AM »
I remember this being a game on my want list. But since it was a 1994 game it probably dropped off my gaming radar after its release. Sega still had me hooked at this time. Shame I never played it either.