Author Topic: Whats your favourite...... Flying Game?  (Read 1794 times)

Offline davyk

• View Profile
Re: Whats your favourite...... Flying Game?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 19:14:39 PM »
Pilotwings on SNES

Pilotwings64 on N64

Sky Odyssey on PS2

Offline WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 19:35:37 PM »
Quote from: "AmigaJay"
F18A Interceptor - Amiga 500 Amazing sim for the time, spent hours on this game, great atmosphere!
Gunship 2000 - CD32, great helicoptor sim, again great atmosphere, loads of missions, good times!
A-10 Cuba - PC, my first sim for Pc, ran incredibly smoothly, had good fun on missions and landings.

How did the console handle the button mapping on GS2k? I had it for my A600 but it was dog slow.

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 22:26:59 PM »
Quote from: "WiggyDiggyPoo"
F18A Interceptor - Amiga 500 Amazing sim for the time, spent hours on this game, great atmosphere!
Gunship 2000 - CD32, great helicoptor sim, again great atmosphere, loads of missions, good times!
A-10 Cuba - PC, my first sim for Pc, ran incredibly smoothly, had good fun on missions and landings.

How did the console handle the button mapping on GS2k? I had it for my A600 but it was dog slow.
From what i remember it had no troubles with the joypad, probably would feel pretty slow to me now as games get faster, btw it was actually released on the PS1 as well a couple of years later, tried it on an emulator but preferred the original look and feel.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2017

Offline WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 00:19:00 AM »

From what i remember it had no troubles with the joypad, probably would feel pretty slow to me now as games get faster, btw it was actually released on the PS1 as well a couple of years later, tried it on an emulator but preferred the original look and feel.

Mmmm lookee here, its like a different game TBH

Gunship 2000 - realistic helicopter simulation on PSX ONE

Gunship 2000 Amiga CD32

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 00:21:15 AM »
Gunship 2000 was actually ported to the Jaguar but never released, would have been interesting to see if it had been a straight port of the CD32 version or more like the PS1 incarnation.

Offline WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 00:23:59 AM »
Quote from: "The Laird"
Gunship 2000 was actually ported to the Jaguar but never released, would have been interesting to see if it had been a straight port of the CD32 version or more like the PS1 incarnation.

Wonder if it would have been texture mapped? My preference would be not and having it run very nicely instead?