Author Topic: Whats your favourite...... Hover Racing Game?  (Read 2953 times)

Offline ashleybrierley

• View Profile
Re: Whats your favourite...... Hover Racing Game?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 09:37:56 AM »
Quote from: "The Laird"
If we want to go back a bit further we could also mention something like Eliminator I suppose. Although it has a lot of shoot 'em up elements it certainly has similarities to games like Wipeout, would surprise me if it helped inspire them:

[align=center:1xnxe173]Eliminator - Atari ST [Longplay][/align:1xnxe173]

Eliminator looks cool...anyone played Magforce Racing?
Found it in my Dreamcast pile but never played it  :-
Please visit my blog at: http://retrogamingposts.blogspot.com/

Comments, Followers, Likes or Shares would be most appreciated :-D

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 16:37:41 PM »
Yes, it was me who posted it in the thread, I personally think it's pretty good. There is also a review for it in the Dreamcast reviews section by another one of our members.

Offline davyk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 21:43:32 PM »
F-Zero X for me. I like the original and GX, but GX is just too hard to be enjoyable. Have the PAL and JPN versions of X (and the VC version on Wii - when I get a game a really like I enjoy comparing different versions - all 3 are excellent).

I have Wipeout, Wipeout 2097 and  Wipeout 3SE for PS1 (and Wipeout for Saturn and Fusion for PS2) but I haven't spent a lot of time with them. I prefer Wipeout as a time trial game. Not fussed on the weapons - prefer the pure racing aspect which is probably why I prefer F-Zero games.  I prefer how F-Zero handles collisions too - they aren't as jarring if you hit the side of the track.

I have 2 copies of 2097 - have 2 PS1s and the link cable but haven't got around to trying versus linkup mode - anyone here try it before? ALso have a couple of the NeGcon twistable controllers I need to try out too - I believe the Wipeout games support those.

Extreme G isn't bad - have the GC version of that, and Star Wars Episode 1 for DC and PS2 are enjoyable too.

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 18:42:34 PM »
[align=center:2dsf322v]There is this rather crap looking game for the PC too:

Lap on Santa Pod in HoverRace[/align:2dsf322v]

Offline WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 19:41:27 PM »
Quote from: "davyk"
F-Zero X for me. I like the original and GX, but GX is just too hard to be enjoyable. Have the PAL and JPN versions of X (and the VC version on Wii - when I get a game a really like I enjoy comparing different versions - all 3 are excellent).

I have Wipeout, Wipeout 2097 and  Wipeout 3SE for PS1 (and Wipeout for Saturn and Fusion for PS2) but I haven't spent a lot of time with them. I prefer Wipeout as a time trial game. Not fussed on the weapons - prefer the pure racing aspect which is probably why I prefer F-Zero games.  I prefer how F-Zero handles collisions too - they aren't as jarring if you hit the side of the track.

I have 2 copies of 2097 - have 2 PS1s and the link cable but haven't got around to trying versus linkup mode - anyone here try it before? ALso have a couple of the NeGcon twistable controllers I need to try out too - I believe the Wipeout games support those.

Extreme G isn't bad - have the GC version of that, and Star Wars Episode 1 for DC and PS2 are enjoyable too.

Yup its wicked :21:

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 21:52:25 PM »
[align=center:1woi2at5]F-Zero - Did You Know Gaming? Feat. Smooth McGroove[/align:1woi2at5]

Offline ashleybrierley

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2014, 10:06:06 AM »
Well, I finally played Magforce Racing last night...but compared to Wipeout it's not fantastic (in my opinion).
OK for a couple of quid but wouldn't really say it's an essential collectors piece (again my opinion).
Please visit my blog at: http://retrogamingposts.blogspot.com/

Comments, Followers, Likes or Shares would be most appreciated :-D