Author Topic: play blackpool may 3rd and 4th  (Read 1917 times)

Offline flatapex

• View Profile
play blackpool may 3rd and 4th
« on: February 27, 2014, 15:52:13 PM »
http://www.playblackpool.com/

anyone else going or just me?

Offline flatapex

• View Profile
Re: play blackpool may 3rd and 4th
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 16:05:01 PM »
hey its not just me, my missus is coming, and so is my mate and his missus, and subzero from rg informs me he is coming too

Offline flatapex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 16:15:57 PM »
i wanted to go to the retro market but i'm at a gig that day

i hope loads of cool people are going, trying to get more involved in the social side of the retro community

Offline Akuza

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:35:35 AM »
I'm going!

Also it's the 2nd, 3rd and 4th may!

I go to each play expo or play expo thing since about 3 years ago!

The last play expo in November was ok... Playblackpool last year was again ok, Rockband dominated the hall with me in tow!

Sadly no pinball machines and it would appear so this year too :(
Currently collecting:- PC Engine, mastersystem, mega drive and CDi.

Offline WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 19:05:16 PM »
What's the verdict on this years event, I have a choice between this or banger racing on Monday?

Offline Akuza

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 19:57:46 PM »
I haven't bothered going to be honest, the Blackpool one is usually a disappointment and the prices of the same sellers seem to be getting higher.

I'm just gonna hold out until play expo.

Offline WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 22:54:20 PM »
Bah. Ok looks like banger racing may win, also involves monster trucks (-;

Offline Lorfarius

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 13:34:27 PM »
When I went yesterday I gave a print out of my 3 day ticket and they gave me a wrist band, wasn't told anything beyond the entrance is over there. So last night I travel back to the hotel and tear it off thinking I've still got my print out so they will just use that as I hadn't been told any different. The hotel we were staying in was 5 miles away so not just down the road from the venue.

mohicankid from the RG forum who I have spoken to many times before and until now I wasn't aware of ever falling out with him, he refuses to let me in the door. I explained I wouldn't be able to find it as I'd binned it on the way back to the hotel and told that "you might have given it away to someone else so nothing I can do".

I wasn't arguing, talked quite sensibly and walked back thinking I'll have to go buy another ticket. Lo and behold a guy walks up to him mere moments later and says he's lost his wristband so what can he do, he's told by mohicankid to just talk to the woman on the ticket desk and let inside. I was stood about 20 meters away in the same corridor.

So I checked out of the hotel and came home a day early. We were there covering the event for the RVG podcast and Dan the cohost had kept his wristband so went back inside as we still needed to do a review. The worst part for me is I was going to go back to Funstock and buy a Retron5 as they'd knocked a bit off from the website one, left it yesterday as I'd parked so far away  :(

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Re: Hello There
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 13:56:48 PM »
Wow that was a bit cut throat wasn't it? And after the fact they he didn't believe you nor try and sort out the issue of a long term supporter etc, this is exceptional bad business and unprofessional conduct, and hate saying this as he is a nice bloke, but I think you need to make a complaint about it, even he's getting the backing of play expo anyways, it's the principal of the way it was dealt with and to be honest , if play expo expects people to keep a stupid wrist band on their arms for days without even notification of the fact they must keep it on at all times, shows evident flaws in their system and protocol, plus the fact you telling me that they don't have access to a database on a phone, laptop or tablet they can check for validation of visitors that come and go regarding the ticket package they've purchased? , bloody ridiculous.

I know it's easy to say just walk away, but the fact that you've paid for something they have now benefited from with the xtra day you not there, that to me is classed as being ripped off, I understand you might not want to rock the boat etc, but I would most definitely bring this up over at their haven forum they promote the event at, and the fact you have a recognised face to attach to the accident, re-enforces your claims that you were dealt with unfairly and more or less dismissed regardless of the numbers behind you waiting to get it or he didn't even bother his arse to get a managing supervisor or even pint you in the direction of that lady you mentioned that could of resolved the issue there and then, so Mohicankid is nothing more than a night club doorman now?

Very poor services fella, sorry to hear that, maybe you can use the RVG discount? Fun stock were probably only using the 10% drop that can be acquired anyways. Look forward to the podcast and make sure that this get highlighted too.

Offline Lorfarius

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 14:02:44 PM »
Yep very poor service, the weirdest part was we were given the tickets to cover the show, it even said on the print out I showed him that the organiser had given them to us. Just ignored though.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 14:08:22 PM »
Gutted for you fella i made some contact soon after you told me and they were going to sort you out with a lady called Helen but sadly you had returned home. This it self was good to see as it only took them 10 mins to reply but I don't understand why you was not directed to her anyway.  I guess it does depend who you talk too after all.

I would not let that put you off going again though.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Re: Hello There
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 14:16:56 PM »
Fair enough , but he still has the right to complaint, that the conduct and incompetence of the person dealing with him had not got the common sense or intellect to point him there in the first place?, Lorf took it upon is own observation to realise this, but don't understand why he didn't simply go over himself in the end to sort it out?

I'm sure the event was good etc, but still remains that he paid for something and didn't get what he paid for, coming back after The fact, doesn't change that fact. A flaw in instance of rectification is what happened and I think because of this along he should be given a free pass if he ever decides that visit play expo again, fair?

Offline Lorfarius

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 14:21:08 PM »
You had to be let through 2 sets of doors to get to the ticket section and I had been turned away.  It's a shame that it only takes one daft person to ruin an event for a person.

Offline Akuza

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 14:34:48 PM »
How was the event otherwise? I was going to go but decided against it!

Definitely going to the Manchester one this year though.

Offline Lorfarius

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 14:46:36 PM »
Have to wait for the podcast to find out ;)