Author Topic: Geek Expo in Margate 21-23 February 2014  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Katzkatz

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
Re: Geek Expo in Margate 21-23 February 2014
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 13:02:20 PM »
Thanks for the post about Geek Expo, kapturerelease.  I didn't bother going this year, as I was busy.  Interesting that you said that there were no handhelds, because the last two years they had the handhelds(Lynxs, Game Gears and Gameboys) in the bar area.  Strange that they didn't bother then. 

The last two years they had the talks(developer ones) in the entrance hall.   

Yeah, last year I did notice that they didn't seem to change the cards on the card readers much.  Some of the machines(the C128) weren't working with them. 

Was it busy?  I did notice that last year the Saturday event was much busier than the first one that was held. 

Offline kapturerelease

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 23:26:19 PM »
The bar had nothing in it at all. Last year in the evening they had a cool quiz but nothing this year. Think I saw one developer type talk but it wasn't very interesting instead they showed films, about what I don't really know.
All the machines were running smooth which was good but loads have complained about the Mindcraft area taking over what was the arcade and pin section.
Saturday was busy but the evening seemed emptier than last year and didn't see and street fighter comp in the evening.

Sent from The Monolith using Tapatalk.
Sent from the Octagon

Offline Katzkatz

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 19:01:22 PM »
My mum showed me the press coverage in some the local Kent newspapers.  It seems like the Minecraft area nearly took over the main hall. 

It seems like Geek Expo lost a lot of the retro stuff after the first year - at least that is my feeling from it.  I don't if that is anybody else's.