Author Topic: Retro Video Game Night - Cambridge - 21st February 2014  (Read 1021 times)

Offline felice

• View Profile
Retro Video Game Night - Cambridge - 21st February 2014
« on: February 16, 2014, 22:23:38 PM »
Just so we're all clear, I'm a member of the volunteer team for the Centre for Computing History and have been helping out within the museum's location in Cambridge.

The event below is being held this coming Friday evening at the museum. There is a Travelodge hotel nearby that is brand new and a short walk away. A Premier Inn hotel should also be available within the next few months, at the time of writing it is still being built, but shouldn't be too long.

Cheers, Felice.

Retro Gaming Night

Come and enjoy an evening of Retro Gaming.

We'll have lots of games consoles and computers out for you to play and we'll give you exclusive access to our games archive to sample those games that you never had the opportunity to play back in the day ...

Visit this Facebook page for more info :
https://www.facebook.com/events/213904692104284/

Some of the systems that will be playable on the night ....
Atari 2600, Grandstand Tennis Console, Nintendo NES & SNES, Sega Master System, Megadrive and Mega CD, NEC Turbografx, Panasonic 3DO, Sony PS1 and PS2, Nintendo N64, GameCube, Atari Jaguar, Sinclair ZX Spectum, Commodore 64, Amiga and CD32, Atari XE, Atari 600, Sord M5, Sam Coupe, Canon V20 MSX, Sharp MZ-80K, Toshiba MSX, Acorn BBC Micro, BBC Master Compact, Original IBM PC, Apple Mac, Commodore PET, Enterprise 128, NEC PC-FX, Super Famicom, Philips CD-I, Commodore VIC-20, Mattel Aquarius ...
AND some special appearances from other systems too ...

Date : 21st February 2014

Time : 8pm to 1pm

Over 18's only.

Offline TL

• View Profile
Re: Retro Gaming Night - Cambridge
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 22:25:38 PM »
Is it a different event to THIS ONE?

I will add it to the calender for you  8)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Retro Video Game Night - Cambridge - 21st February 2014
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 23:17:49 PM »
Yeah that one was yesterday fella.

Thanks for the info, sadly its not something i can manage, however i am looking at visiting the museum during the school hols...
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline felice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 18:57:56 PM »
Yep, the events themselves are different to each other, but from what I understand the family event at the weekend and the other event held in Haverhill Arts Centre today were very well attended.

The Retro Gaming Night is definitely one to attend - one of the hosts is the lead singer of a band called 'The British IBM'. Check their videos out on Youtube - the museum helped out with some of the hardware used within the video as well. It's a good atmosphere there too and hopefully these will be held on a fairly regular basis. There are also early ideas that may turn into plans for hosting a UK demoparty at the museum in the next couple of years or so - notice will be given as and when that happens.

Cheers,

Felice.

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 19:00:55 PM »
You talking about Aidey? He is a great bloke, had a few drinks with him at Revival.

Would love to attend this sometime.

Offline felice

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 19:13:05 PM »
Yep, Aidy is one of the hosts at this event ;)

Cheers,

Felice.