Author Topic: Satellaview emu  (Read 568 times)

Offline kapturerelease

• View Profile
Satellaview emu
« on: January 20, 2014, 14:43:12 PM »
Hey
Looking to emulate the satellaview on a mac. Tried snes9x but nothing seems to run, any ides?  Is it easier to just get out the old laptop and download snesgt?
If I'm talking crap please fill in the blanks.
Cheers

Sent from The Monolith using Tapatalk.
Sent from the Octagon

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Re: Satellaview emu
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 19:20:30 PM »
yes..your talking crap..lol...no, Emulation on the Mac is really only a new thing in the last few years as opposed to the PC, which has been going for many years more..

but attempting to run and set up satellaview is number one. pointless as the service is long dead and buried many years now, 2. Anybody hosting a service for this would probably be locate, and unless you live in Korea or Central Japan and is aware of a satellaview link up, your looking for a needle in a hay stack. 3. Games that used had special ID within the Carts if I'm not mistaken that cross referenced the server back in the day to give Piracy the boot, but I could be wrong on that.

for mac Emus you might fair better with have a look here:

Offline kapturerelease

• View Profile
Re: Satellaview emu
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 20:06:21 PM »
Thought I was talking crap lol.
I downloaded the roms for BS-X: Sore wa Namae o Nusumareta Machi no Monogatari which loaded on snes9x fine but after downloading the zelda roms the wouldn't load. Supposedly using snesgt you can alter the bios or something (I'm new to this stuff so bare with) and after this switch in the menu allows for playing of games. Only problem is you can't do it in snes9x. Supposedly there is a snes9x update but I can't seem to find it.
Think I'll break out the lappy. Gotta be easier lol

Sent from The Monolith using Tapatalk.
Sent from the Octagon