Author Topic: Atari Gamer Magazine  (Read 16911 times)

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Re: Atari Gamer Magazine
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2015, 11:36:50 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm so very proud to announce that Atari Gamer Magazine will be getting a Limited Print Run in the next few weeks, this is a once off thing and I am working in collaboration with Pro (c) Atari Magazine's creator who truly is a true Atari Fan. Both Markus and myself have been wanting this for some time and that time is now.

I will follow up with details on when and where the magazine will be available to purchase, due to the nature of this product their will be a trail run of a limited amount of copies (20 for now) minus my copy and Markus's copy and noting that this is full a4 size full colour printing so the pricing may be a little stiff, but this will be a very limited run and customers who purchase it will have a collector's magazine in very small numbers.

there is also plans to do the Atari ST Gamer Magazine as well if this is successful at launch. So very excited that I will be holding my own Magazine physically in my hands, I never thought I'd see that.

Thanks for listening.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2015, 11:38:34 AM »
That's cool!  Congratulations!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2015, 11:47:52 AM »
Thanks Trek. This is a great achievement for me as I never thought it would happen. If Successful this and possible both issues of Atari ST Gamer Magazine will get done (Issue two in production). So all you Atari Fans out there. watch this space.

The Atari 8-bit sadly goes under appreciated amongst the wealth of other computers out there a.k.a. ZX Spectrum, c64, Amstrad etc and this magazine was created to set the record straight that Atari 8-bit can punch above it's weight!

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2015, 21:26:07 PM »
Hi Mr Fox,

Please forgive my ignorance but am I right to assume some of us may be able to purchase the proper print version? You see, PDF's are ok but I very much prefer to hold the real deal. I have not been on the site for some time but I do have alerts for several topics like this one. I am intrigued and very interested in a proper printed version. Can I put my name forward for said copy? Alas, I am not so interested in the ST mag simply because it was always out of reach for me so I jumped from 8 to 64 bit. I will not be collecting 8-bit stuff but it was a huge part of my adolescence and the mag looks like a fabulous reflection of my own personal history and love of Atari.

~~~

EDIT: Yes, I did play Atari today (actually it was Sunday) I played Rayman on my Jag with a new fan who had never heard of the system till he met me ;)

Enter the latest Jaguar competition here: http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7798.0

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2015, 09:07:09 AM »
Cheers pal, delighted you'd love to get a copy, as soon as I word on what's happening, the time frame and what it will all cost, as I've yet to hear from the person behind the setup. I'm at present creating new promotional material for it, that will feature in "Return" magazine a German publication. Also there is plans to take it to a gaming event for resale. So I'm hoping that there will be enough demand that we can cater for orders of it for distribution to the likes of yourself, I want as much as possible to deliver this magazine at a reasonable price and quality we are all happy with.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything, which won't be long I suspect.

Offline vandro

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2015, 13:02:42 PM »
I would also be very interested in further details :)

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2015, 14:49:51 PM »
Sounds great, I'd be in for a physical edition!

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2015, 16:51:36 PM »
;)

Enter the latest Jaguar competition here: http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7798.0

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2015, 21:22:27 PM »
It's all been noted fella ;)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2015, 22:30:55 PM »
I want one. That's 4  :113:
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2015, 15:16:57 PM »
I am very proud to announce that Atari Gamer Magazine is now available in a very limited run , here are some details from the distributor of the physical release of the magazine.

Pro (C) Atari Magazine is in charge of the Distribution of the Physical copies of the Atari Gamer Magazine.

Hallo community,

this is Markus of PRO ( C ) ATARI Magazine and I can announce here a special project:

Do you already know about ATARI GAMER XL/XE Game Review Edition PDF Magazine released by Darren Doyle?

If you know of this, you know:

- there are cool reviews inside
- there are amazing interviews inside
- and you know the layout is incredible

It was so sad it was only a PDF Magazine, as I personally do not like the electronic magazine releases. I am one of those old fashioned styled guys who loves printed magazines.

we have done a single copy run of the ATARI GAMER Magazine at my local print shop. The quality is excellent will say ok and the binding not perfect, but at least it wasn't overly expensive. So I asked Darren Doyle (Greyfox) to make this project happen and release his PDF magazine as Limited Edition in a printed format. And so we done it and it is finished:

The magazine is

29,7cm height by 21cm width
full colored printed
with 250gr paper envelope
and 135 glossy paper inside
So a high-quality and strong magazine at the end.

The magazine features on 72 amazing layout pages:
- Atari Time Tunnel
- Atari Fun Facts
- 2 Interviews
- System Focus on 130XE
- Atari 8bit Trivia
- 60 Game Reviews
- Atari Computers in Europe in the 80ies
- 8bit Lost Games You'll Never See
- 20 Homebrew Game Reviews

Get your amazing copy of this limited print-run NOW...
With the purchase you also not get only a special collectors items, also:

- you support our work on PRO ( C ) ATARI Magazine
- you support the work of releasing other great releases for our beloved system
- you support the work of Darren Doyle and his team to release more great Magazines
- you say: Atari rules !

Due the limited print run it is not really cheap at the end, but if you hold the magazine in your hand you recognize: Every single cent was worth purchasing the magazine and when you read it finally, you would def. think: "The magazine would worth tripe price"

So what to do to purchase:

Please send PayPal-Payment of Euro 15,00 (incl. standard shipment - if you prefer I should send registered service please add euro 2,50 to

8bit@proc-atari.de to order your copy.

Any question also to this email address. And please do no forget to include your mailing address, thanks.

Have fun with this amazing work!

Cheers
Markus

I hope you'll all support this if you can. it's an amazing achievement for me personally and professionally

Cheers
Darren.

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2015, 15:39:51 PM »
Just sent payment. Looking forward to it, thanks :)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2015, 23:36:37 PM »
Will send mine after my holiday. Can you make sure one is saved for me fella? Cheers
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2015, 16:30:22 PM »
So is this dead?

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2015, 20:38:22 PM »
For the time being thanks to Mr.Cu.Next.Tuesday, but should make a return at some stage in the future, but for now it's limited to those lucky 20, who managed to secure a copy for there collectors pile of magazines, books and Atari memorabilia.

Yours should be reserved as mentioned, let me know if it has worked out.

Again I want to thank everyone for the support on the Atari Gamer Magazine. I never claimed ownership of the text submit within the reviews, homebrew reviews, Xe system focus, but the magazine as a whole delivered product to which nobody has the right to claim or demand royalties for. Thank you.