Author Topic: RETRO: The Multi-Format, Throw-Back Video Game Magazine  (Read 19120 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Re: RETRO: The Multi-Format, Throw-Back Video Game Magazine
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2014, 23:46:46 PM »
Jokeontheworld, I want to also thank you for taking the time answer to our comments here.  Our goal is to give you constructive feedback and it is great you are paying attention to feedback provided by readers.  I hope we get to hear from you as things move forward.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 02, 2014, 00:06:09 AM »
Quote from: "Jokeontheworld"
Now that I got my account approved, you can count on it!

I actually approved your account myself back in February, did you have a problem with it?

I will contact you in due course if you want to speak more, my email is kierenhawken@retrovideogamer.co.uk

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 02, 2014, 10:32:50 AM »
Thanks for dropping in and your refreshing replies are much appreciated.

I have some post back if I can pay via PayPal as this gives my more piece of mind when buying online.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2014, 19:47:54 PM »
Next issue is inbound, below is all the details.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2014, 19:49:38 PM »
Cool, I like the cover on this issue.  Looking forward to it. 

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2014, 23:51:14 PM »
2 bad issues in a row for me, I hate RPGs just as much as I hate platformers.

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2014, 14:06:04 PM »
I don't think the RPG issue going ahead this time around, maybe too many people had issues and they decided to break it up over the next set of issues due in the future, as its been awhile since the next one and suspect this is what has happened, as in agreement with you, RPG issue would of been a death sentence to those who hate or don't play RPG's. The cover is very nice this issue, so lets hope its as good inside as the outside :)

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2014, 14:31:12 PM »
Quote from: "Greyfox"
I don't think the RPG issue going ahead this time around, maybe too many people had issues and they decided to break it up over the next set of issues due in the future, as its been awhile since the next one and suspect this is what has happened, as in agreement with you, RPG issue would of been a death sentence to those who hate or don't play RPG's. The cover is very nice this issue, so lets hope its as good inside as the outside :)

The RPG issue is already out, has been for a couple of weeks, I have already read it.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2014, 14:42:41 PM »
Do you get the physical or PDF version Laird? 

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2014, 15:34:21 PM »
opps, so this is issue 4 then?

I was wondering why I hadn't seen or heard anything about it, it must of been that good then?

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2014, 15:43:27 PM »
You probably haven't heard much because several of us said we weren't too much into issue 3 because it was focused on RPG's.  So, it sort of came and went for many of us for that very reason.  There are several posts in this thread about it and Jokeontheworld, who is on the editorial team for the magazine, added some comments about the magazine in general and the third issue as well. 

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2014, 16:35:09 PM »
Quote from: "TrekMD"
You probably haven't heard much because several of us said we weren't too much into issue 3 because it was focused on RPG's.  So, it sort of came and went for many of us for that very reason.  There are several posts in this thread about it and Jokeontheworld, who is on the editorial team for the magazine, added some comments about the magazine in general and the third issue as well.

Exactly, not only was it a whole issue devoted to RPGs but also had a very heavy emphasis on modern games, even more so than previous issues. The cover was once again portraying a modern game too and I still find the use of modern games on the cover of a magazine called Retro absolutely baffling.

[member=1]zapiy[/member] - I get the PDF as I haven't seen anything yet that makes me want to buy a physical copy.

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2014, 01:45:44 AM »
I'm wondering why they keep changing the style of the main logo , I personally don't like this, it should remain its original state, but it seems to be taking a lift here in content, are they still watermarking the hell out their digital versions? :21:

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2014, 02:09:46 AM »
Quote from: "Greyfox"
I'm wondering why they keep changing the style of the main logo , I personally don't like this, it should remain its original state, but it seems to be taking a lift here in content, are they still watermarking the hell out their digital versions? :21:
Yes, the watermarks are still there.  I wish they were positioned so they would not overlap with the text of the articles.

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2014, 19:29:19 PM »
I received an update a few days ago from the original Kickstarter campaign of this magazine. Most of it was just about an early bird special for renewing your subscription for year two.

They did mention something else though that I thought was interesting, they are going to be launching another kickstarter later this month for that 2nd year of the magazine. Seems a little odd to go that route again but I guess we will see. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to renew or not. My main concern is if I choose to renew now and take advantage of the price discount, am I missing out on any KS exclusive extras that I would get if I waited and backed it again?

[member=5080]ReadRetro[/member]  if you see this, can you explain how this is going to work, and what the 2nd KS campaign is for?