Author Topic: Kickstarter Projects  (Read 21740 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Re: Kickstarter Projects
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2016, 23:34:47 PM »
Wow that looks impressive.  I think this may have deserved a thread of its own.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2016, 07:49:56 AM »
Awesome. Went live earlier than we thought lol so I was caught on the hop with this one. Does look flipping great though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline psj3809

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2016, 09:38:49 AM »
Quote from: TrekMD
Here is an Indiegogo one that should be interesting.  This is a pocket Windows 10 computer for gaming.  Check out all the details here:  A Laptop Fitting in Your Pocket

Thanks a ton for posting this or i would never have seen it. I love gadgets !

Used to have a UMPC (Ultra Mobile PC) a while back which was cool but soon after the Ipad arrived and UMPC's disappeared.

Having this as a mini gaming PC is pretty cool, going to check this out to see when its coming out and price etc. Hopefully it'll be decent

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2016, 11:42:13 AM »
I used to have a UMPC also.  They were nifty devices but smartphones and tablets essentially made them unnecessary.  That minilaptop from the Indiegogo is a nifty device, though.

Offline psj3809

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2016, 10:37:45 AM »
Quote from: "TrekMD"
I used to have a UMPC also.  They were nifty devices but smartphones and tablets essentially made them unnecessary.  That minilaptop from the Indiegogo is a nifty device, though.

The price doesnt seem to be ($300) but thats for people supporting them, the final price when its released will be higher (Probably $500) so for a gadget i probably wont get one.

I think a lot of times its similar to a collectorholic with retro stuff - hoarding things etc. I remember when i had my UMPC i didnt use it 'tons' but i loved the gadget, knowing it was a bit like a 'swiss army knife' type of gadget with so many different programs etc on it !

I'm like that now with my iphone (Tons of emulators/games/apps/PDF's/movies) when in actual fact i should just install say 5 apps, complete them and then install new ones !

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2016, 11:48:55 AM »
I did use my UMPC plenty but did sell it once smartphones became more advanced.  There was no real need for the UMPC by that time. You're right, though, it may become a collectorholic thing.  :)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2016, 04:07:07 AM »
Any BigFoot lovers out there?  Then you need to check out this new Kickstarter:  Bigfoot Family Search for the Atari 2600 Homebrew Video Game

Bigfoot Family Search:
For the Atari 2600 is a new homebrew game based on an original story about the legendary beast. The game was programmed by Gemintronic's Jason Santuci, who worked with the source material to create a great game.

Game Play : You Are Bigfoot
Leaving your cave you find your daughter and wife missing and immediately suspect the Witch of the South. You must search deep into the forest avoiding the Witch and the deadly "Northern Lights". Your weapon is a rock your goal is finding your family. The Witch of the South can send you to the frozen forest and the clock is always ticking.

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2016, 04:48:17 AM »
Cool idea for a game. Hopefully it gets funded.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 12, 2016, 03:17:53 AM »

There's a new Kickstarter for fans of the SNES for a game called Socks the Cat.

Socks the Cat is the most anticipated unreleased video game of all-time. Ever. For any platform. Don't believe me? Grab some popcorn and "Google" it.

The premise was wacky yet simple. You play as Socks the Cat, or Socks as we affectionately call him.  The ultimate pet of the 90's. The White House cat. The "First Pet" of the Clinton administration.  Your mission? To fight your way through the White House battling all sort of enemies, including spies, Dobermans, protestors and satirical versions of famous political figures as end bosses. The game was set to be released on the ever popular, Super Nintendo Entertainment System or SNES in the early 90's.

The game was well received by some, disliked by others, but all agreed it was a great theme with excellent end bosses.  Several publications reviewed the game but when the publisher closed its doors, Socks went missing.  For years. And years. And years.

Read more here:  Socks the Cat - The Video Game Based on the Clinton's Cat

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 12, 2016, 03:25:59 AM »
I've never heard of that game before. Hope it gets funded so the game gets released finally.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2016, 03:29:04 AM »
I have never heard of it either. I found this to read about it:  Socks the Cat Rocks the Hill.  There's also this video with info and some video of the game:

I also just noticed the Kickstarter also has two other games in bundles:  Get'em Gary for the NES and Handy Harvy for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, both brand new games by Second Dimension.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kickstarter Projects
« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2016, 18:33:55 PM »
It that not all by @dra600n on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2016, 20:00:02 PM »
The Genesis and NES games, yes.  I don't know if he's working on Socks.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile