Author Topic: Movies You Have Recently Watched  (Read 52410 times)

Offline TL

• View Profile
Re: Movies You Have Recently Watched
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2013, 22:02:37 PM »

I watched this last night and it was rubbish. It just didn't seem to really know where it was going, what it was saying and didn't even have a proper ending. You just never got drawn into the film or any of the characters or cared about what happened to them. Avoid.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2013, 18:20:55 PM »
Quote from: "Minerals"

Another superb film from Quentin Tarantino. An awesome script backed up with some great actions scenes, comedy and dialogue and a great soundtrack. Extremely well cast with some great performances from Jamie Fox, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz and Samuel L. Jackson. Watch this and enjoy it and then watch it again to appreciate the delivery and direction. 10/10

I watched this yersterday.. Very average for me i am afraid.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 07, 2013, 15:39:05 PM »

I watched this last night and I have to say that I loved every moment of it. The retro feel and cameos really made the movie and it has to be a must see for all retro gamers out there, so much more than a kids movie.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #213 on: February 07, 2013, 15:42:07 PM »
Quote from: "The Laird"

I watched this last night and I have to say that I loved every moment of it. The retro feel and cameos really made the movie and it has to be a must see for all retro gamers out there, so much more than a kids movie.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline dcultrapro

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Antonyv1982?feature=mhee
« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2013, 16:54:27 PM »
Quote from: "zapiy"
Quote from: "Minerals"

Another superb film from Quentin Tarantino. An awesome script backed up with some great actions scenes, comedy and dialogue and a great soundtrack. Extremely well cast with some great performances from Jamie Fox, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz and Samuel L. Jackson. Watch this and enjoy it and then watch it again to appreciate the delivery and direction. 10/10

I watched this yersterday.. Very average for me i am afraid.

I went in to Django expecting dog shit I must admit but I was very pleasantly surprised, I thought it was brilliant fun, VERY funny and a clever homage to western movies. My favourite bit is when all the clan dudes with their white hoods have an arguement, funniest bit in the film

Offline Rogue Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2013, 11:40:23 AM »
New Judge Dredd film.

Speaking as a MASSIVE fan of the 2000AD comic strip, knew film would'nt live up to my expectations, hated the 1st crack at it (and Rebellions game Dredd Vs Death fell well short as well), but pleasantly surprised by this.

Mega-City One looked far too near future, but other than that, it worked enough to get a solid hmmnnnn from myself.

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2013, 00:00:45 AM »

I watched the Baytown Outlaws last night, it's a pretty enjoyable movie about some rednecks who go to rescue a kid. It was very original and had good acting, some cool action scenes and built up the story well too. Definitely worth a watch.

Offline Minerals

• View Profile
    • http://www.soundcloud.com/mineralsuk
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2013, 10:57:10 AM »

Watched Wreck-It-Ralph yesterday, very funny film with some great gaming references and cameos. Also some quality voice acting from John C. Reilly and Sarah Silverman. Easily my fave Disney film in a long time. 8/10

Offline dougtitchmarsh

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • http://douglastitchmarsh.com
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
Good to hear the positive comments about Wreckit Ralph as I have to take my 9 year old daughter to see it some time. Not that I didn't want to go anyway, but what a great excuse it is to be taking her to see it lol.
My retro and computing blog posts
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

Offline Tachi

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2013, 19:32:57 PM »
Watched all 3 Chronicles of Narnia this week (as never took any notice of Prince Caspian or Voyage of the Dawntreader first time round) and have to say the later in the trilogy I got, the better the film.
I found TL,TW&TW really lacking in any sense of magic or spectacle and it just did little for me.
PC was a little better with a more magical feel and much more of a sense of scale and danger and VotDT was really good I felt. The environments and characters were all very magical and the boss fight at the end worked really well.
I have to say though that I found the ending of the 3rd really depressing when SPOILER> "Lucy and Edmund were told they could never return".

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 12, 2013, 00:02:52 AM »

I watched this last night, its a pretty enjoyable if very predictable comedy. It's also pretty corny too but there are just enough laughs to get by and Henry Winkler is just brilliant!

Offline Katzkatz

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 12, 2013, 17:19:31 PM »

I watched Wait Until Dark

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 13, 2013, 22:23:55 PM »

I watched this last night, it has a great cast and is also based on a true story but unfortunately it just fails to deliver. The film really struggles to get across its story across and just seems really badly executed, real shame as there are some great ideas and messages here.

Offline Big Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2013, 10:39:42 AM »
I watched Die Hard 5 last night.

What can I say.....it's Die Hard. Same vein as the others. If you love them, you'll love this also  :)

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 15, 2013, 12:52:53 PM »
Quote from: "TrekMD"

I watched this myself last night and I loved it! So I guess that shows how opinions can differ! What I will say though is this isn't really a cinema movie so I can see why it might have been boring on a big screen. I loved the story, it was really original, and Denzel's acting was absolutely faultless.