Author Topic: Madrigal Handheld Emulator  (Read 741 times)

Offline TL

• View Profile
Madrigal Handheld Emulator
« on: February 28, 2013, 21:41:02 PM »
[align=center:pe7u11a8][size=180]Madrigal Handheld Emulator[/size]

WHAT IS THIS SITE?

This is a new site on Game&Watch and handheld video-games simulators for PC. It is not actually a site on the most famous "emulation". If you're looking for emulators then you'll have to visit other sites, not this one!

WHAT IS SIMULATION?

It's a peculiar kind of programming. A simulator is a program which reproduces the behaviour of a certain system or software.

WHY IS SIMULATION DIFFERENT TO EMULATION?

An emulator reproduces the hardware of a system while a simulator attempts to reproduce the software or the behaviour of that system. Actually emulation is much more accurate than simulation... but simulation is much funnier for programmers!

Simulators can be considered some kind of "clones" of the original product: a programmer studies a certain software and then tries to make his simulator as much similar as possible to the original.

THEN WHY SIMULATING INSTEAD OF EMULATING?

Because of the great lack of informations about the wide range of 4-bit microprocessors used as "engine" in handheld video-games. Every Game&Watch, handheld, LCD and LED video-game has an unique microprocessor and it would require a full "programmer's guide" to understand the way it works and, consequently, how to emulate it.

On the contrary, you may find on the Internet a great lot of informations (and ready-to-use emulators) about every 8-bit and 16-bit known microprocessor. This happens because these microprocessors were mainly used for computers and consoles, since they were too much expensive and redundant to be used inside cheap handheld video-games! This took all of the hardware and software houses to publish many reference guides for these microprocessors, to encourage programmers to develop specific software for their own computer or console.

[size=240]GET IT HERE![/size][/align:pe7u11a8]

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Madrigal Handheld Emulator
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 14:23:04 PM »
Now thats all kinds of awesome.. :111:
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 14:40:58 PM »
Quote from: "zapiy"
Now thats all kinds of awesome.. :'(

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 14:42:25 PM »
I wonder, how i miss some threads.. I guess some always will.

Anyway i will have a bit of that next week when i am off work and let you know my thoughts.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Carlos

• View Profile
    • http://retrotext.blogspot.com
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 16:19:09 PM »
Looks good, will give this a whirl,  simulator eh?  Code masters were visionaries lol