Author Topic: Diary of a Lemmings Book  (Read 5529 times)

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Re: Diary of a Lemmings Book
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2013, 12:14:02 PM »
well if it's any help , if you want, you could send me the front cover,Spine and back cover if you have them done and I could do a professional Presentation of the book for you, to wow people :)

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2013, 16:19:21 PM »
Great offer fella, well happy to help if I can. Not sue I can as per say but the offer is there.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2013, 16:23:30 PM »
Thanks guys for the offer, I want to near enough finish the book before I even start to think about the cover and advertising etc I'll let you know if the offer still stands!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2017

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2013, 16:48:36 PM »
sure thing AJ, when your closer to your time, let me know, I'll help with it's presentation when time allows me out to play :)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2013, 02:14:39 AM »
Keep us updated on your progress.  You know we are interested here.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 19:16:10 PM »
I am still picking away on this project, actually had a good few weeks adding to it here and there.
The book now is heading towards 300 pages, mainly because after reading books like Sensible Software i decided to add level art, sprites, artwork etc which take a hefty 70 or so pages and got help with some great Amiga folk for the majority of those.
So whilst adding 100 pages to the project 3/4 of those have been completed already.
Also been working out Kickstarter campaign for this, of course if it doesn't make it then it will still be sold on Amazon and a couple of others, but it would be nice to get the best quality paperstock and hardcover because Amazons softcover and paper quality are pretty poor it has to be said!
So yeah another 6 months passes, ill probably update again in 6 months time to hopefully set up a kickstarter campaign after Christmas.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2017

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2014, 19:32:53 PM »
Look foward to it fella..

Any sneak peaks???? :113:
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 21:11:22 PM »
Quote from: "zapiy"
Look foward to it fella..

Any sneak peaks???? :113:
No sorry, want to wait until the kickstarter campaign starts, though ill let you guys have a sneak at that page before it goes live closer the time.

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2014, 00:08:42 AM »
Delighted to hear this is still in production and your plans for it sound great so far, I recently helped Chris Wilkes with his Ocean book promotion and now his U.S.Gold book to help previsualize it for the kickstarter campaign to great effect and impact. You should consider this for the lemmings book, plus I'm sure a kickstarter for something of this nature will be highly successful, dying hear what the perks will entail :)

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 09:36:34 AM »
Quote from: "Greyfox"
Delighted to hear this is still in production and your plans for it sound great so far, I recently helped Chris Wilkes with his Ocean book promotion and now his U.S.Gold book to help previsualize it for the kickstarter campaign to great effect and impact. You should consider this for the lemmings book, plus I'm sure a kickstarter for something of this nature will be highly successful, dying hear what the perks will entail :)

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2014, 23:10:23 PM »
Just a little update to say things are progressing really well i've done alot of work on this over the last couple of months, page count is currently 308, so its all on schedule to be completed around November before proof ordered etc and will hit Kickstarter in Feb 2015.

On a side note i've been looking at Merchandise for the 25th Anniversary to alongside and have 4 designs to i've just ordered to be made into greetings cards, all professionallly made, 3 high gloss and 1 is spot uv which im looking forward seeing what it turns out like.

I've got other stuff in the works too, which ill tell more on later and a webshop which ill link when these cards arrive.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2014, 23:12:51 PM »
Awesome news fella..

Got me intrigued now. :63:

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2014, 23:27:10 PM »
I'm dying to see this stuff also, I'm sure its going to be epic Lemming-ness :113: don't keep us waiting long now.

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2014, 23:43:24 PM »
Haha! Don't go expecting anything too amazing! There just little gifts to sell alongside the book, also will be sold in a bundle.
The main one im waiting to hear back on the design as i may have to simpifiy it for the process it needs, but this one will only get the go ahead if the kickstarter makes it as its the most expensive one.

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »
Good stuff, so essentially these are perks your mentioning here? Well what ever you have planned for it , I'm sure it going to be brilliant and get yourself some Indenity for it, so people recognise your stuff ;)