Author Topic: Transformers: Prime  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Tachi

• View Profile
Transformers: Prime
« on: December 17, 2012, 15:40:42 PM »
I'll admit it, I love Transformers.
Not the terrible celluloid pr0n that Michael Bay but the cartoons and toys.
I have avoided the more recent cartoons since accidentally catching an episode of Energon and wishing I could UN-see it.
I happened across a trailer for Prime while looking at reviews of Fall of Cybertron on the PS3 and am now, a week later, nearing the end of season 2 and it has been pretty damned good!
It follows on from the end of the game Fall of Cybertron and basically you have a handful of Autobots and Decepticons on earth fighting for Energon but early on Megatron finds Dark Energon which is the life's blood of Unicron.
I don't want to say too much as it would be easy to let slip spoilers but any fans of Transformers should try it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkv-U-5U ... e=youtu.be

Offline TL

• View Profile
Re: Transformers: Prime
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 15:43:30 PM »
I fixed the link for you  8)

Offline Tachi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 15:54:48 PM »
Quote from: "The Laird"
I fixed the link for you  :)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 15:55:15 PM »
I love this show.  It is very well written and I can hardly wait for the next season. The way the current season ended was jaw dropping!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Tachi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 16:06:08 PM »
Quote from: "TrekMD"
I love this show.  It is very well written and I can hardly wait for the next season. The way the current season ended was jaw dropping!

Ooh not there yet so no spoileys lol
Best of the franchise since the 80s shows by a country mile!

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 16:11:06 PM »
Quote from: "Tachi"
Quote from: "TrekMD"

Ooh not there yet so no spoileys lol
Best of the franchise since the 80s shows by a country mile!

That is why I only said that the season ender was jaw dropping and gave no details!  LOL

And yes, this is definitely better than any of the other incarnations that came after anything related to G1. 

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 22:00:57 PM »
Great Show! Yes, I am also waiting on the new season. Glad they have included some like a certain spider.

Offline Tachi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 22:12:55 PM »
Jut watched last of Season 2.
Th ending did nothing for me to be honest, I hoped it would be more to do with what they'd just tried to accomplish but wasn't.
The final shot of the hand though was great and excited for Season 3 now :)

Offline Bobinator

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 08:30:56 AM »
I've never been that big on Transformers until recently. I've actually been watching this and Animated, which is also pretty good, if a little bit "kiddy", for lack of a better term. I'm only about halfway into the first season, but what I've seen so far is actually really good.

It does, however, leave me with a lot of questions that the show doesn't really answer. Maybe it assumes you know these things, I don't know. For one thing, who actually made the Autobots and Decepticons? I mean, they have to be created somehow, right?

Offline Rogue Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 09:09:57 AM »
Quote from: "Bobinator"
I've never been that big on Transformers until recently. I've actually been watching this and Animated, which is also pretty good, if a little bit "kiddy", for lack of a better term. I'm only about halfway into the first season, but what I've seen so far is actually really good.

It does, however, leave me with a lot of questions that the show doesn't really answer. Maybe it assumes you know these things, I don't know. For one thing, who actually made the Autobots and Decepticons? I mean, they have to be created somehow, right?

Like most comic books, cartoons etc there's been a whole range of takes on origins of... i mean Cybertron is basically just 1 big metal planet, right?.

Think 1 of the US takes on the origins of the transformers were they were originally created as service droids, to do the work for thier creators, but were given sentience or life, plus intelligence by some super computer.

It's best to go with the flow, as if you start looking into the origins or back stories too much, head implosion as so much has been done that conflicts with other stories, lol

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 13:11:13 PM »
There are a number of back stories about the origins of the Cybertronian race of robots and how they  became Autobots and Decepticons.  I'll give you two names and leave it at that since those names come up on the show:  Primus and Unicron.  Those names are relevant for the continuity of the show when it comes to the origins of the Transformers.

Offline Bobinator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 21:49:55 PM »
Speaking of Unicron, they seem to be dropping a lot of hints that he'll be showing up soon. Given that Megatron is currently being powered by his blood and all. Having watched the original 80's movie out of curiosity, I'm really wondering how they'll handle him if he shows up in Prime. Too bad they can't get Orson Welles back.

(Also, if he's shown up, please don't tell me. Seriously, don't.)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 21:52:27 PM »
Quote from: "Bobinator"
Speaking of Unicron, they seem to be dropping a lot of hints that he'll be showing up soon. Given that Megatron is currently being powered by his blood and all. Having watched the original 80's movie out of curiosity, I'm really wondering how they'll handle him if he shows up in Prime. Too bad they can't get Orson Welles back.

(Also, if he's shown up, please don't tell me. Seriously, don't.)

I ain't telling you nothing!   :P  You must keep on watching.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 23:35:57 PM »
Love this show, don't watch it as much as i should..
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 03:03:21 AM »
Quote from: "zapiy"
Love this show, don't watch it as much as i should..

It's on hiatus right now, so this is the perfect time to get caught up. :)