Author Topic: Your biggest mistake?  (Read 3618 times)

Offline TL

• View Profile
Your biggest mistake?
« on: September 17, 2012, 16:11:47 PM »

Offline Carlos

• View Profile
    • http://retrotext.blogspot.com
Re: Your biggest mistake?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 16:18:04 PM »

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 17:01:39 PM »
Quote from: "Carl"

Whoops!

Offline tomwaits

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 17:25:21 PM »
Buying the PC-FX?  :'(

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 17:48:40 PM »
Quote from: "tomwaits"
Buying the PC-FX?  ;D

Offline tomwaits

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 18:16:07 PM »
Plodding through hentai adventures and dating sims with a fan translation/faq? No thanks.

After the awesome PC Engine/Turbo line, the PC-FX was a disgrace by comparison. Even the 5 or 6 action games released for PC-FX were disappointing and definitely not worth the prices they sell for now.

Offline Vyothric

• View Profile
    • http://www.diffusedion.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 18:48:30 PM »
Playing an MMO is easily the stupidest gaming mistake I've made. So much time wasted it still really bothers me everytime I think about it.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 18:57:20 PM »
Giving my entire collection of 2600 games and my light sixer to a cousin when I left for college.  The console did not survive but I was able to salvage some games. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 19:07:17 PM »
I gave away a 2600 back in the 80's. Never was able to get any of the games back. King Kong and Threshold were two I still have not replaced.

In the late 80's I had a chance to buy a friends Colecovison and Adam computer add-on. I passed on that. When I asked later, it had been sold.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 19:10:47 PM »
Not getting a Jag CD Console earlier before all the bandwagon seller jumped in to hike the price.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 19:13:33 PM »
I traded in my mint copy of Snatcher on Sega CD at the local game shop for probably around $15.00 towards some other game back in the day. The game doesn't have a lot of replay value and I didn't have a lot of money for games back then. I used to do that a lot but this one really stings cause of how much it's worth now, plus I'd really like to be able to play the game now! :(

Offline Console Compulsive

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 20:17:13 PM »
Lending my Megadrive, Mega CD, 60 Cartrdges and 20 CD games (including Flink, Snatcher and Dragons Lair) to a family that moved into my friends house. Only to find out that my friend had lost his job, hadn't been paying the mortgage and my mate and the family had all been evicted and theyd taken all my stuff with them never to be seen again (the family not my mate)  :(

Offline DreamcastRIP

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 08:35:12 AM »
Picking up a NES pad in Boots back in the day. My hands still hurt.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Offline dcultrapro

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Antonyv1982?feature=mhee
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 09:05:56 AM »
ok I'll bite lol... I'm sure Laird is wondering where I am with mine lol

so my biggest mistake is PROBABLY when I was 16/17 and I had not long been bought the Saturn (16th Bday May '98)

I already had the Master System, Mega Drive, Mega CD, Jaguar etc and plenty of games for all 4, probably 5 Jag, 10 MS, 5 MCD and 20 MD games as a rough estimate

so anyway my mistake is that, before I got the Dreamcast in October '99, maybe the January before, I decided, thanks to my Brother showing me one, that I was interested in buying a PS1... but I wasn't earning any money at the time, or not enough anyway, so I thought the cheapest and quickest way to get one would be to sell EVERYTHING except my Saturn and its games and my handhelds, at CashConverter, and trade it all for a second hand PS1

BIG MISTAKE....

I think at most, I got 10 games for the PS1 and although I did enjoy playing games like Armored Core, Abes odyssee, Metal Gear Solid and a few others I always regretted selling the other systems for such shit amounts of money and all I got for it was the big ugly original Playstation with 1 controller and a couple games

thankfully in late 99 I got my beloved Dreamcast and probably 4-5 years later I began buying back the old systems I had sold and I am now happy to say that I have bigger collections for all of them than I did before!!

Offline Alberto 2K

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 19:07:54 PM »
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!